Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm too old to cheer

So I took off Monday to clear up my little ticket situation. I had to go to the Dale County Courthouse, so I spent Sunday night with Mom & Rodney in Newton and got up first thing Monday morning and took care of that.

Anyway, I got back to Greenville early and so I decided to stretch out really good before teaching cheer clinic this week. I only had to show the cheer and the chant, but you know I wanted to do my best and be sharp and all that. So I stretched really, really good. And I kept pushing myself because I can't stand to see those girls out do me even though they are 15 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME!! (having issues with turning 30) I taught them W-I-N for their tryout cheer and put in a jump (which I did once) and made up another chant that had running in it (still in?? I don' tknow, but it looked cute). And I cheered WITH them, teaching and modeling from 3-8. Came home, soaked in theh bath for 30 minutes, in bed knocked out by 9.

I can barely walk today or lift my arms. I'm serious. I have taken like 8 Aleve/Tylenol since yesterday morning. I didn't get to school till 7:20 and I'm usually there at 7. I have to make myself move my legs one in front of another. I am finally facing reality that I am not as young as I used to be and can't hang anymore! And I'll be 30 in a month and don't even have a BABY yet among other things. It hurts to brush my HAIR!!! And now I have to leave for Varsity clinic. Great, two more hours of cheering. I just knew I still had it in me....HA

6 comments:

  1. ha,ha,ha,ha,ha FYI - We're not what we used to be.

    P.S. 30 isn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! I love you P!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your soooooooooooooo old!! :) i still cheer with my girls!! haha JUST KIDDING...i would never make that mistake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it a point to prove to a friend of mine (who still does that stuff everyday for a living) that I still had it. I CAN still jump...but flipping is not recommended. THAT, I don't have in me anymore!! I can't believe I'm too old already...I don't FEEL that old...

    ReplyDelete