Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Mouthful....

...of words and teeth!  Well, tooth!  During the Fourth of July weekend, Parker decided to talk a little and get one little tooth!  All in the same day!  I've been working with her relentlessly for over a month to say, "Mama."  Of course she would say, "Dadada," first.  Oh well.  It was really cute and sweet.  I do think I heard her try to say 'mama' yesterday, but instead it sounded like 'Obama.'  Not what I wanted to hear.



She's been drooling and gnawing on everything for over two months, and the little toofie made it's debut Sunday, July 3.  My mom noticed it first as Parker was gnawing on her finger.  I'll try to get a picture...she likes to keep her mouth shut when I try to get a look.

So much has changed in the last few months!  She's sitting up and LOVES to stand!  It's hard to get her to sit...she keeps those legs stiff so she can keep standing.  She loves Coco, just fascinated with her.




We went to the beach for the Fourth and had a great time.  This was the baby's third beach trip, but the first one where we actually stayed for more than 20 minutes.  Drew was also there, so Troy and I got to hang out with him and his friends for a bit on Saturday night.






Other things non-baby:
My cheerleaders did great at camp!  We won 2nd place in Home Pom.  However on the last night of camp, a TERRIBLE stomach bug hit the squad.  It started with Lindsey, then me around midnight, then three more the next day, also Laura Fuller (chaperone/mom), her son and daughter, then her cheer daughter, and many more on the squad!  I haven't been sick like that since I was a kid.  Needless to say, we had to change our performances on the last day for final evaluations...but those who were there fixed everything quickly and I was proud of them!  Lindsey Gibson and Jada Posey both made All-American!  Yay, Go Tigers!



Tristen is spending this week with Mom and Rodney.  He loves it there.  They are both going nonstop, and he likes that!

Troy is building us a carport.  He formed it up, roped it off, and they poured the concrete last week.  Now he just has to build the sides, storage, and roof, and TADA...I'll have a carport!

Next up, getting ready to go back to school :(  It's been so nice to be at home with Little Bit this summer...I'll miss her tremendously when school begins August 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment