Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Break Goodness

We've been off this past Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for Fall Break and it's been GREAT!  I really needed a break from school.  Saturday I piddled around running errands and packing for Hartford and Saturday night we went to Blake and Brandi's wedding.  I'm so happy for them and it was good to see everyone.

Sunday morning we headed to Hartford.  We dropped off Coco at Pleas' and headed to church at good ole' Hartford Baptist.  AFter church, Daddy had cooked us a delicious lunch of roast, potatoes, and carrots with butterbeans and rolls!  YUMMY!  Then I left for my shower and Troy, Tristen, and Daddy headed out to the barn to shoot doves (but didn't see any).

Mrs. Justice had my baby shower at her house and everything was perfect!  I got to see all my best friends (minus Holly :( ).  Jill really went out of her way to color-coordinate everything to Parker's nursery!  Even the invitation!  The hostesses had a beautiful picture painted for her nursery to go over her crib and one for her hospital/bedroom door!  Troy and I were so proud of it!  Everyone else also spoiled us rotten with lots of baby goodies!  I am so blessed to have such awesome friends and family!  I'll add more pictures to my slideshow after Mama uploads hers.

We spent Sunday night at Dad's house and I showed them all my gifts.  So much fun!  Then we went upstairs and played pool a bit before conking out.  Monday morning, Troy got up and cooked us all breakfast and we went shopping in Dothan and met Mama at Red Lobster for lunch.  Then we headed back to Greenville.

As soon as we got in, Troy put together the rocker glider (given to us by Pleas) and hung Parker's artwork.  I put away most of her new clothes and essentials.  It's so exciting!  Troy is already an amazing father, but I know he'll be wonderful with his daughter, too!  I love seeing him get just as excited as I do.  I love my husband so much!  He's been so supportive during my pregnancy--giving back rubs, foot massages, understanding when I'm too tired to cook, getting ready for the baby, and just being sweet!


Yesterday I went back to Dr. Kouri for a checkup but had to see Dr. Gentry.  And had to wait an hour and a half due to him being in an emergency!  But that's okay...Michelle, the ultrasound tech, came and got me for another (free and unexpected) ultrasound!  Always fun to see the baby in my belly!  She is smaller than they originally thought (yay) and they anticipate her to be a six pound baby.  They had originally told me she might be an eight-pounder!  Yikes! 
Last night Greenville Middle had their last football game.  We are done until basketball!  I'm going to bump practices down to once a week and then we'll only have like five b-ball games.  I should be a mom by that time!  Vikki Whittington is going to take over for me while I'm out; she's mom to one of my girls and teaches with me.

On my last day of Fall Break, I actually slept in until 8:00!  Can't believe it since I'm normally wide awake at 5:30.  I cleaned house, played in the nursery, and got all of my thank-you notes written.  It's been so nice not having to get ready and go!  I stayed in my pajamas ALL day!  Finally I bathed and did put on clean p.j.s.  Don't want to go back to school tomorrow!

A few pictures!  More to come in a few days when mama emails me hers from my school shower and Hartford shower.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and catching up with you P! I'm so sorry that I couldn't be at your shower but I love you very much and can't wait to meet "my new lil Niece-y-pooh!" :) Glad you loved your paintings...they turned out GREAT! Love you, Holly

    ReplyDelete