Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anxiously waiting...

for some pain and contractions to begin!  Last Monday at my checkup he offered to induce me on Thursday (11th), but we declined.  I really want her to come on her own....hoping she'd come this weekend!  But she's not ready I guess.  I go back in the morning for another checkup and we'll see what he says!  I'm so ready for her to arrive, I may go for an induction.  I'm so afraid I'll be one of those dumb people who are in labor and don't even know it.  On the other hand, I think every little kick and movement and Braxton Hicks contraction is labor!  I guess the real thing will actually hurt...

In the meantime, I finally finished her little daygown that she is to wear home from the hospital!  Mary Bertha Zorn made the dress and taught the smocking class, and I've been slowly working on this little dress since October.  I got serious about it this weekend and finished!  Can't believe it!  It's not perfect by any means, but I think it's beautiful and so sweet!  Two of my former cheerleaders, Sarah Elizabeth (Mary Bertha's sis) and Kate gave me a beautiful receiving blanket that matches it, and I can't wait to have her pics made in it!

She ran this through her pleater. Orange threads are "rows" or guides.

Done!  Now just have to cut the threads and pull them out (very scared to do this...)


  
Finished!




Finished product!  Receiving blanket to match hanging beside it.
 I never thought I'd care about sewing or smocking.  Funny how having a baby will make you do things you never thought possible!   


1 comment: